Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
system program

2724 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2013-10-16 08:26:11

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    62corvan
    2013-10-01 09:58:22
     Hello, I was having issues with GM program, deleted program from SD card, went to reload it, and poof..... Nothing. No updates available, etc..... When will this be resolved, how can I recover my software to use my tool??

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-11 03:49:37 (Reply to:62corvan)

You mean nothing? No update is available?
    Then maybe it is because your update period is expired. After your renewal, you will get the update programs. 

•   Level 2   
    (26) points
    BradSchaffner

2013-10-11 09:49:12 (Reply to:Autel Support)

So when and where can you pay and get updates

Brad

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    62corvan
    2013-10-14 15:10:47
     Nothing is available. I understand the free period being over, however why can I not get at least the last version of program that was installed. In the future if the SD card goes bad or for whatever reason I need at least what I had to begin with, why should I have to pay for an update??

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-15 04:34:18

Right now ,you can purchase a Update subsription in this site www.auteltech.com. Pay the fee online by credit card or Paypal.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX

2013-10-15 08:36:18 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHERE THIS IS POSSIBLE. I LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT AND THE ONLY PRODUCT YOU CAN UPDATE IS THE MY905 AND MY908. PLEASE DESCRIBE WHERE AND HOW TO PERFORM THIS PROCESS?

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-10-15 15:53:56 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hi tech support  is it possible for a request to extend the update on the ds708 I know autel already did that but there are many people that where unaware of the time period  to do  updates and back up their units and  been that they are not releasing any new updates anyway they could give like a last chance to update and backup our unit  you know like a good faith gesture or what ever they want to call it,  this may even boost the sell of the new updates thank you  autel in advance.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-16 02:50:19 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

To Levidmax:
    If you have registered your products, click "Your products" on the left. Then you will have a renewal option. Click the renewal option, you will be asked to pay for the update. 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-16 03:10:17 (Reply to:jmechanic)

Though we have stated clearly in our user manual and our website the DS708 has only one year free update, we did not strictly ask our users to follow. Some early users have enjoyed three-year free update. 
    Last month we decided to take our rules seriously, so we cut the expired accounts. Before we did this, we have posted two messages in our two sites:auteltech.com and maxidas.com. Also, we have tried to expand this message to all our big distributors and ask them to contact their customers. There are some users who have applied for backup cards in the interim peried. 
    Right now it seems like the measure is quite effective. Though there are still a few complaints about this issue, the number is far less than we expected. 
    For those who missed the interim period and still want to get the update, we are trying to figure out a way for you. We can't just open the account again which is not fair for those who paid. Pls wait patiently and our engineers will find a solution.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-10-16 08:26:11 (Reply to:Autel Support)

thank you tech support for your quick response  yes you are right I was not aware of the 2 chances that was given , I was one of the lucky one
    since I bought mine over 2 years ago for a very good price I know for a fact of all the changes and improvements it has made and although  it still have some bugs left it  is the best scanner for the money  I've spent the last couple of weeks checking every single option in many car brands and compare it to the original tools since I own many of them and the ds708 is very close to oem tools and in some cases it exceeds the oem tool like  GM usa  with the gds2 capability and auto detect thats a plus and the good should be told, also Honda usa not needing a pin code for immobilizer and many other good options not found in oem tools, I have no problem paying for the new updates in fact I am looking forward to it but I will like to know a description of the update  what is been added and what is fixing so we don't feel  like we are paying for fixes or software defect  that's all, although there is always going to be software issues  we know that  again tech support  I thank you for your time and effort in letting autel know of our needs and  complaints  have a good day.
  Total1 Pages